This role is open for applications until Thursday, October 5th, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET or 300 applications have been received.
Open to U.S. citizens or nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains
Island). Subject to background check. Full information
Supervisory status: Non-Supervisory
Job title: Centers of Excellence: Data & Analytics Modernization Lead GS15
Official title in USAJOBS: Information Technology Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)
Number of vacancies: 3
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (remote)
Salary range: GS-15 ($136,908 to $183,500)
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection,
dependent on your actual duty location. Please note the maximum salary available
for the GS pay system is $183,500. For specific details on locality pay, please
visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page
or for a salary calculator
OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator. You can find more
information in our
compensation and benefits section.
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year.
This is a term appointment. Initial appointments are made lasting longer than
1 year, but not to exceed 4 years. GSA, may extend an appointment up to 4
additional years. No individual hired under this DHA can serve in excess of 8
years with GSA, and cannot be transferred to positions that are not IT
Learn more about the benefits of working at
Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Centers of Excellence (CoE) is hiring for the role of GS-15 Data & Analytics Modernization Lead. This is an opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of the public and other federal agencies. This page contains a high-level summary of the role(s) we are trying to fill.
As part of GSA’s Technology Transformation Services, the Centers of Excellence (CoE) initiative accelerates IT modernization at federal agencies by leveraging private sector innovation and government services while centralizing best practices and expertise for holistic transformation.
The Centers of Excellence work primarily in six focus areas: Infrastructure Optimization, Cloud Adoption, Data & Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Contact Centers, and Customer Experience. Our complementary work in strategic communications, change management, and performance management ensures these innovations can be successful and sustainable. We also work with partner agencies to enhance their ability to innovate so they can continuously modernize as opportunities and challenges emerge over time.
As a Data & Analytics Modernization Lead at the CoE, you will:
- Help our agency partner make sense of the complex digital landscape and how technology and process modernization can benefit their programs and users.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with our agency partners, and set up engagements to be successful.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to deliver user-centered solutions to complex problems.
- Help our agency partners to develop their own capacity for continuous innovation.
- Offer a customized Data and Analytics strategic guidance that enables optimal access to agency data.
- Employ industry best practices and data architectural principles to define the target state.
- Develop well-defined implementation plans that include year-long projects, benefits and risks.
Your expertise will help ensure the success of our government partners as they meet technology modernization challenges head on.
- OBJECTIVE 1: Promote the adoption of modern technology and business practices through advice, recommendations, teaching, coaching, and knowledge sharing
- Practice and enthusiastically share project management and agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Deliver educational workshops to accelerate learning and adoption of agile principles and practices.
- Inspire honesty and integrity through open communication and liberal knowledge sharing across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Create compelling case studies on how users are benefiting from the CoE projects, providing a special focus on lessons learned.
- Capture specific capabilities (e.g. strategies, roadmaps, playbooks) to document best practices across government.
- OBJECTIVE 2: Practice an exceptional customer experience with all partners, providing a unique, tailored partner experience and solutions
- Explain products or services to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge — always meet the agency partner where they’re at.
- Empathetically guide our agency partners through requirements, standards, guidelines, administration priorities, compliance and security processes.
- Skillfully map specific inquiries to product capabilities, identifying the product that best meets the agency partner’s needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the stakeholders and the project teams, delivering feedback to the team, enabling them to make necessary changes to product performance or presentations.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- OBJECTIVE 3: Lead in your focus area(s)
- While the entire team will have and continually enhance core expertise in technology and organizational modernization, each team member will also further hone one or more Focus Area that contribute to the collective cross-functional capabilities of the CoE team. The Centers of Excellence (CoE) Focus Area for this role is Data & Analytics:
- Lead a customized Data and Analytics strategy service that enables optimal access to a partner agency data.
- Drive agency-wide and multi-agency IT modernization initiatives in the areas of data management, analytics, and data visualization.
- Advise senior executives on data management best practices, maturing organizational analytics portfolios, and on new developments and advanced techniques in data science.
- Lead and develop pilots, prototypes, and minimum viable products to demonstrate analytic products and solutions for customers.
- Serve as a data and analytics subject matter expert through consulting with customers to determine requirements, explore solutions, and deliver high business impact solutions in an iterative, agile process.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your
previous experience. Follow our
guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next
lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as follows:
- Experience leading vision, direction, roadmap or leading the identification of user needs for a project, product, platform, or service.
- Experience providing project or product leadership.
- Experience with iterative or agile methodologies.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience collaborating with senior or executive stakeholders.
How to Apply
Submit a complete online application prior to Thursday, October 5th, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET.
Please fill out all applicable fields.
Click here to apply
Need Assistance in applying or have questions regarding this job opportunity,
please email the TTS Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.