TTS - Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility Technology Advisor
This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please join our mailing list.
Technology Transformation Services will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 - DEI&A Technology Advisor.
Applications will be open for submission on TBD. Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to learn more about the application process.
Virtual (100% Remote), Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
The salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $142,701 to GS-15 Step 10 $170,800
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection, dependent on your actual duty location.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2021 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $172,500
Note: You may not be eligible for the maximum salary as it is locality dependent. Please refer to the maximum pay for your locality.
Who May Apply:
All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA
employees or contractors
DEI&A Technology Advisor - GS-15
TTS improves the public’s experience with the government by helping federal agencies build, buy and share technology that allows them to be more accessible, efficient, and effective. Our goal is a world of easy-to-use, effective, and secure digital government products and services for the American people. You’ll make a difference by bringing your leadership and creativity to a talented and passionate community while creating impactful initiatives that will directly affect the American public.
The TTS Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility (DEIA) Technology Advisor will work collaboratively with GSA stakeholders and federal partners to ensure that DEIA best practices are incorporated into products, programs and services. They will establish and maintain Federal partnerships and foster organizational cultures which effectively reflect Federal DEIA priorities and commitments. The focus will be on:
TTS Technology Product/Design Expertise (40%)
- Promotes inclusive and participatory design strategies with stakeholders and partners, providing training, research, and toolkits to delivery teams.
- Defines and drives equity and accessibility best practices and requirements in TTS work across external agencies and business units.
- Defines DEIA metrics to evaluate TTS programs and to support various business units in assessment. Socializes, measures, and regularly reports on progress, taking a data-driven approach.
- Plans and leads external DEIA efforts to address issues in areas where precedents do not exist; and establishes new approaches to ensure that DEIA priorities and commitments are met.
- Works with external agency leadership to promote Federal, GSA, TTS and related special emphasis programs. Collaborates with TTS affinity groups to evangelize community needs.
- Collaborates with GSA’s Senior Advisor for Equity and supports GSA enterprise-wide DEIA-related initiatives and administration priorities, including Executive Orders.
- Serves as a connecting force to advance overall GSA priorities and commitments. Identifies DEIA successes in TTS projects, shares results with other GSA offices, and encourages agency-wide adoption. Brings best practices from other GSA offices to TTS.
- Makes recommendations and provides input into GSA reports, as requested.
TTS Program Support (20%)
- Works with the Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) to support TTS’s and GSA’s creation of a DEIA strategic plan to identify, socialize, measure and regularly report on programmatic goals and milestones.
- Supports accessibility initiatives that foster environments where everyone can thrive, including employees along the full range of neurodiversity, in collaboration with the GSA Senior Advisor, OHRM and various stakeholders and partners.
- Partners with TTS People Operations and Talent teams to conduct external DEIA audits, measures, and to improve Federal DEIA practices, programs and commitments.
- Partners with TTS senior leadership, Front Office, and the TTS Outreach team to draft, review and edit TTS DEI&A focused communications, emails, presentations, and the TTS Handbook.
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
- Experience building and implementing a diversity, equity, inclusion, or accessibility strategy in a large, complex organization
- Experience in the delivery of technology solutions
- Experience with human-centered, iterative, or data-driven approaches to program design, delivery, or problem solving
- Direct experience with both senior executives or grassroots employee communities like employee resource groups, affinity groups, and/or communities of practice
- Experience creating executive-level communications that reflect current DEIA best practices
Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please join our mailing list.