18F Chapter Directors
This role is open for applications until October 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT.
18F is hiring for the role of GS-15 Chapter Director. There are several 18F teams hiring for this role. This page contains a high-level summary of the role and links to more specific descriptions for each 18F Chapter Directors.
These opportunities are located in the General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS), Office of 18F. 18F helps other government agencies build, buy, and share technology products. 18F envisions a country whose government consistently offers digital services that instill pride and trust, meet user needs, are secure, and are delivered quickly and at reasonable cost.
18F develops partnerships with agencies to help them deliver exceptional digital experiences that address their strategic initiatives. Through our work together, we aim to strengthen government technology practices in ways that last beyond our formal partnerships. We effect change by practicing user-centered development, testing to validate hypotheses, shipping often, and deploying products in the open.
18F Chapter Directors set the vision in their discipline to support improving government services for all who need them, and to help the civil servants who deliver those services.
- Support growth of their teams’ ability to deliver partner success
- Help deliver partner success
- Create and cultivate strong partnerships with TTS government partners
- Own significant parts of the engagement or business development / sales cycle
- Oversee and advise on project delivery
18F teams hiring for this role
There are several 18F teams hiring for this role. The links below provide more specific descriptions of these opportunities.
Once applications are reviewed, hiring teams will identify candidates that they are interested in interviewing. We will then follow up with candidates to discuss their interest in the role(s). Candidates may interview for roles with multiple teams.
Location: Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Virtual (100% Remote)
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $128,078 to GS-15 Step 10 $172,500
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection, dependent on your actual duty location.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2021 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $172,500
Note: You may not be eligible for the maximum salary as it is locality dependent. Please refer to the maximum pay for your locality.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands)
Travel requirement: Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year
Security clearance: Public trust. Background investigation required.
Work schedule: Full time.
Appointment type: Permanent hire. This is not a term limited opportunity. Applicants who are selected for this opportunity will have career conditional status in the federal government for their first three years of employment and transition to career after three years. This means you will be a permanent federal employee with no expiration date.
Employee benefits: Learn more about the benefits we offer.
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
To qualify for this role, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as:
- Experience managing individuals
- Experience leading a team that provides or supports delivery of modern IT systems, software systems, or digital services
- Experience supporting the overall planning, management, and direction of a program or of projects
- Experience building alignment with stakeholders
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your previous experience. Follow our guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Qualification determinations can’t be made when resumes don’t include the required information. Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
Job announcement number: 21FASC429SVGOTR
Series and grade: 2210 - 15
Opening and closing period for this job application September 22, 2021 at 9:00 am EDT to October 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT
How To Apply
Submit a complete online application prior to October 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT. Please fill out all applicable fields.
In order to apply for this job you must submit an application via the USAJOBS posting.
Need Assistance in applying or have questions regarding this job opportunity, please email TTS Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.