This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
Centers of Excellence - Cloud Adoption Specialist
Centers of Excellence (COE) will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 - Cloud Adoption Specialist.
Applications will be open for submission on TBD. Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to learn more about the application process.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: The base salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $134,789 to GS-15 Step 10 $164,200
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $166,500
The base salary range does not include any adjustment for locality. Your locality is most likely going to be determined by where you live since most of our positions are remote. If the position isn’t remote, then your locality will be determined by the location of the office where the position is based.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2019 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
Cloud Adoption Specialist - GS-15
Your challenge as the IT Modernization Centers of Excellence (COE) Cloud Adoption Lead is to help those agencies that have come to depend on legacy data centers migrate to cloud and hybrid environments. You will work to understand the needs and the desires of the client, analyze systems to meet those needs and work cross functionally with both members from the partner agency and vendor partners to implement solutions. By using an agile and flexible framework, the CoE accelerates cloud adoption across the enterprise.
As a Cloud Adoption Lead, you’ll need experience leading organizational strategy and change related to migration to cloud environments. You should have strong knowledge of public clouds like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Redhat or VMWare as well as a firm grasp on federal compliance requirements in server configuration, tool development and access controls.
No one can be equally expert on all phases of the cloud adoption process, but we expect a working knowledge of legacy infrastructure configurations, data migrations strategies (including SnapMirror, Storage Area Network replication, Powershell, and Service Management Automation), security best practices, post-migration testing, debugging and systems analysis skills, and virtualization and containerization.
Key Objective #1: You will help federal agencies develop and execute cloud migration apply cloud adoption technical knowledge, problem-solving analysis, and risk calculation to produce high-quality results, meeting customer expectations and organizational goals.
- Drive planning and delivery by utilizing agile tools such as product roadmaps, backlogs, measurable success criteria, and write user stories
- Analyze applications, systems, evaluate alternatives and design and document solutions, and potential problems with migration activities
- Work with a Data Center Optimization team to migrate infrastructure and systems into a new data center, hosting, or co-location facility
- Engage in the solicitation, evaluation and selection and management of external vendors Assist your agency partners through the change management process of cloud adoption with the specific ability to work through human capital planning challenges
Key objective #2: You will promote the adoption of modern technology practices through teaching, coaching, and knowledge sharing.
- Practice and enthusiastically share agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
- Deliver educational workshops to accelerate learning and adoption of agile principles and practices
- Inspire honesty and integrity through open communication and liberal knowledge sharing across a multi-disciplinary teams
- Create compelling case studies on how users are benefiting from the program, providing a special focus on lessons learned
- Capture specific capabilities (e.g. strategies, roadmaps, playbooks) to document good practices across government
Key objective #3: Practice an exceptional level of customer service with all partners, providing a unique, tailored experience.
- Explain product or services to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge — always meet the agency partner where they are
- Empathetically guide our agency partners through the bureaucracy of the sometimes long and arduous compliance and security processes
- Skillfully map specific inquiries to product capabilities, identifying the product that best meets the agency partner’s needs
- Serve as a liaison between the stakeholders and the project teams, delivering feedback to the team, enabling them to make necessary changes to product performance or presentation
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
The Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the Qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
- Experience leading a team to deliver digital products or services. This experience must include ALL of the following:
- Managing change across the organization
- Using agile methodologies
- Reducing technical debt
- Experience providing technical expertise on projects or initiatives to deliver digital products or services. This experience must include TWO OR MORE of the following:
- Conducting technology evaluations
- Making architectural decisions
- Implementing new features
- Delivering tools or products with high uptime or availability requirements (i.e. SLAs of 99.95%+)
- Providing technical support for clients integrating with cloud platforms
- Experience deploying, operating, maintaining, or running cloud infrastructure or platforms. This experience must include TWO OR MORE of the following:
- Creating applications or services using a cloud computing platform
- Creating applications or services using cloud computing infrastructure
- Maintaining systems that use continuous integration or continuous deployment tools
- Maintaining systems that use infrastructure automation tooling
- Maintaining systems that use infrastructure monitoring tooling
Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.