Centers of Excellence - Contact Center Optimization Specialist
This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
Centers of Excellence will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 - Contact Center Optimization Specialist.
Applications will be open for submission on TBD. Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to learn more about the application process.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: The base salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $142,701 to GS-15 Step 10 $170,800
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $170,800
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2019 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
Contact Center Optimization Specialist - GS-15
We are looking for a Contact Center Optimization Specialist to join the Technology Transformation Service (TTS) as part of the IT Modernization Centers of Excellence (COE) to help develop and improve the capabilities and services of our partner agencies.
As an expert contact center solutions architect, you are well versed in multi-channel and/or omnichannel technologies, platforms and contact center operations. You will collaborate with agency partners to design, plan, and deliver on key contact center and customer experience modernization strategies that will drive optimizations and improvements in the security, agility, responsiveness, and efficiency of the agency’s IT infrastructure and customer experience services/operations.
Key objective #1: You will help federal agencies develop and execute contact center and customer experience modernization strategies incorporating leading technology and best practices to ensure solutions can meet their current and future needs in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
- Architect an enterprise-level customer experience technology solution using user story definition, holistic journey mapping, data modeling while also incorporating standard operating procedures and best-practice methodologies
- Ability to collect and analyze current contact center operations, data and reports to develop future-state recommendations for optimization and transformation
- Develop and maintain strategic application technology portfolios, roadmaps, and reference architectures to support or drive solution development or product selection
- Partner with agency program leads to drive alignment and integration of new contact center technology and integration with other third-party or internal applications
- Incorporate knowledge management and customer relationship management systems best practices to improve the agent experience and the agency’s overall customer experience
- Implement intelligent system solutions to leverage robotic process automation (RPA) & artificial intelligence (AI) to help anticipate user needs, augment conversations and automate routine tasks
- Interface with agency data and security teams to address gaps and risks and assist in the overall design and build of security features
- Develop and track performance metrics, customer feedback, quality assurance and other KPI’s
Key objective #2: You will promote the adoption of modern technology practices through teaching, coaching, and knowledge sharing.
- Practice and enthusiastically share project management and agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
- Deliver educational workshops to accelerate learning and adoption of agile principles and practices
- Inspire honesty and integrity through open communication and liberal knowledge sharing across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Create compelling case studies on how users are benefiting from the program, providing a special focus on lessons learned.
- Capture specific capabilities (e.g. strategies, roadmaps, playbooks) to document good practices across government.
Key objective #3: Practice an exceptional level of customer service with all partners, providing a unique, tailored experience.
- Explain product or services to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge — always meet the agency partner where they’re at
- Empathetically guide our agency partners through the bureaucracy of the sometimes long and arduous compliance and security processes
- Skillfully map specific inquiries to product capabilities, identifying the product that best meets the agency partner’s needs
- Serve as a liaison between the stakeholders and the project teams, delivering feedback to the team, enabling them to make necessary changes to product performance or presentation
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
The Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the Qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts against a scoring rubric created for this role. In order to properly be able to evaluate your previous experience, we recommend being as detailed as possible in your resume and following our general guidance on creating federal style resume.
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
- Experience leading contact center and customer experience strategies for a government agency or organization. This experience must include THREE of the following:
- Developing and executing contact center operations or strategies
- Developing and executing customer service modernization operations or strategies
- Leading contact center technology implementation or deployment within internal applications or systems
- Developing key performance metrics
Experience applying user-centered design disciplines. This experience must include using user-centered planning tools for example: customer journey maps, process maps, stakeholder and user interviews, personas, wireframing, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Experience navigating highly ambiguous or uncertain situations to deliver results for clients. This experience must include ALL of the following:
- Leading client-facing consulting projects or initiatives
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational or project objectives and deliverables
- Monitoring and providing mentorship, corrections, and feedback to team members
Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.