This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
TTS - Director of Outreach and Marketing
TTS will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 - Director of Outreach and Marketing. The target date for when this position will be officially open to application has not yet been determined. If you’d like to be notified when this position is open, sign up to our mailing list.
Applications will be open for submission on tbd. Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to learn more about the application process.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: The base salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $134,789 to GS-15 Step 10 $164,200
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $166,500
The base salary range does not include any adjustment for locality. Your locality is most likely going to be determined by where you live since most of our positions are remote. If the position isn’t remote, then your locality will be determined by the location of the office where the position is based.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2019 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
Director of Outreach and Marketing - GS-15
The Technology Transformation Services Director of Outreach and Marketing serves as a recognized senior advisor and knowledge expert to senior managers within TTS on marketing and engagement with stakeholders such as agency partners, industry and the media. This position requires leadership, analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and knowledge of a substantial body of TTS’ administrative or program principles, concepts, policies, and objectives.
TTS works to improve the public’s experience with the government by helping federal agencies build, buy and share technology that allows them to better serve the public. TTS applies modern methodologies and technologies to improve the public’s experience with government by helping agencies make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective, and by itself providing services that exemplify these values.
We’re looking for candidates who are broad, strategic, conceptual thinkers, able to see the interconnectivity between the types of work that TTS does and possessing the skill to weave this into a comprehensive, yet easy-to-follow story to our stakeholders, partners, and America. Candidates who are tireless executors, able to roll up their sleeves and translate those stories into action and business results, will be a good fit for this position.
Key objective #1: Translate overall business strategy into an actionable brand and marketing strategy. You will work
directly with GSA, Federal Acquisition Service, and TTS leadership and staff to develop a deep understanding of the business objectives the organization is working to achieve and develop a brand and marketing strategy. The strategy will engage key stakeholders including the media, congressional members and their staff, industry, agency partners and the American public to:
- Increase awareness of and clarify GSA’s and TTS’ mission and service offerings
- Develop and nurture relationships with the technology contracting community
- Showcase impact of TTS’ work
- Move engagement stakeholders from awareness to action
- Build the TTS brand and support recruitment efforts
Key objective #2: Lead execution of the brand and marketing strategy and measure performance. As the TTS Director of
Outreach and Marketing, you’ll use various channels to engage with key audiences, including:
- Digital platforms to maintain a consistent brand and tone of voice
- Press outreach (including mainstream, government and tech media) to feature user-centered stories that convey the impact of public-private partnerships, modernizing services and the adoption of modern technology practices in partnership with GSA’s Office of Strategic Communications
- Industry events, including civic technology events, roundtables and panel discussions
Key objective #3: Lead and inspire TTS staff to support all brand and marketing efforts, including but not limited
to Outreach direct reports. Collaborate with leadership and various team members to achieve your goals. As such, you’ll need to:
- Develop and lead a cohesive, integrated and high impact Outreach team
- Clearly communicate expectations to TTS staff
- Remove blockers that prevent TTS teammates from effectively supporting brand and marketing efforts
- Appropriately manage up, to influence decisions
- Stay on top of trends in marketing and outreach, and experiment with novel ways of improving impact and driving down costs
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
The Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the Qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.