These opportunities are located within the Login.gov team in Technology Transformation Services (TTS) which is a part of Federal Acquisition Services (FAS) in the General Services Administration (GSA). TTS applies modern methodologies and technologies to improve the lives of the public and public servants. We help agencies make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective with innovative products, platforms, and services.
Login.gov is a FedRAMP authorized secure sign-in service created for the public to access participating government agency sites, products, and services. At its core, Login.gov is both an authentication and identity verification service and is now available to all levels of government: federal, state, and local.
The Login.gov team is remote-first and is composed of experts across product development, software engineering, cybersecurity, and platform engineering.
As a Product Manager at Login.gov, you’ll lead cross-functional teams to deliver user-centered products using agile methodologies and modern software development practices while building capacity for product innovation in government.
Product managers on our team are:
- Strategic thinkers who are comfortable defining a compelling vision and designing a measurable strategy to achieve that vision.
- Decisive leaders who know how to motivate cross-functional teams to build the right thing.
1. Implement the product vision and lead end-to-end product development
- Lead a cross-functional team of researchers, designers, and engineers to ensure product delivery.
- Identify and proactively monitor and address product risks.
- Work with the team to set and meet quality standards for any product you build.
- Use evidence (user research, analytics, and other metrics) to make product decisions.
- Energize and motivate the team by recognizing successes and learning from failures.
- Lead cross functional teams to design, develop, and deliver digital products or services.
- Develop products based on measured impact, such as time, money saved, or value created.
- Own, develop and communicate the product vision and product roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships, such as multiple internal partners, significant executive oversight, or multiple distinct user groups.
- Skill at modern product development practices including agile/iterative software development, use of open source tools or techniques, and user-centered product approaches.
2. Build institutional expertise around product management
- Share best practices and tools with your peers across the organization.
- Share lessons learned from your work at Login.gov with peers and leaders to help guide our approach to digital transformation.
- Keep abreast of product management best practices.
- Stay on top of new technologies and how they could help solve government problems.
- Continually seek out new product management tools that could improve the way we work.
- Pay attention to well-supported open source product offerings that can be reused in a government context to solve common problems.
- Direct and share insights and opinions with other product managers, contributing to our growing culture of product management.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, or supervise junior product managers.
3. Collaborate effectively on distributed, agile teams
- Ability to establish aspects of modern product development practices at the organizational level including agile/iterative software development, use of open source tools or techniques, and user-centered product approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to lead products involving cutting edge or complex technology, complex missions, complex stakeholder relationships, or a high degree of uncertainty, such as greenfield/startups, legacy migrations, big data products, large consumer products, or integrations at scale.
Virtual (100% Remote)
The salary ranges for this position are:
- GS-15 Step 1 $136,908 to GS-15 Step 10 $183,500
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection, dependent on your actual duty location.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a
salary calculator OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $183,500
Note: You may not be eligible for the maximum salary as it is locality dependent. Please refer to the maximum pay for your locality.
Who May Apply:
All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands).
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year.
Public trust. Background investigation required.
This is a term limited appointment with the ability to extend for a total of eight years.
Job Family (Series):
Learn more about the benefits we offer.
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your previous experience. Follow our guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Qualification determinations can’t be made when resumes don’t include the required information. Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts against a scoring rubric created for this role. In order to properly be able to evaluate your previous experience, we recommend being as detailed as possible in your resume and following our general guidance on creating federal style resume.
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource
To qualify, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as follows:
- Experience leading the development, delivery or integration of highly complex digital products or services.
- Experience applying leading industry practices in the design, development and delivery of digital products or services. This experience may include experimentation based frameworks, iterative development methodologies, user-centered design, planning tools or continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience crafting or creating product vision, strategy or road maps.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
How To Apply
Submit a complete online application prior to 11:59pm ET on Monday, February 6, 2023. Please fill out all applicable fields.
Need Assistance in applying or have questions regarding this job opportunity, please email TTS Talent Team at email@example.com.