This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
Presidential Innovation Fellows - Outreach and Marketing Lead
Presidential Innovation Fellows will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 - Marketing and Outreach Lead.
Applications will be open for submission on TBD. Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to learn more about the application process.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $137,849 to GS-15 Step 10 $166,500
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $166,500
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
Marketing and Outreach Lead - GS-15
The Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) pairs top technologists, entrepreneurs, designers and innovators from the private sector to team up with forward-thinking agency partners to tackle challenging problems for the American people.
This new class of fellows will be digging in on a range of important work including helping the U.S. Food and Drug Administration modernize and enhance its technological and data capabilities; helping the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs become more data-driven and better leverage AI; working with the Millennium Challenge Corporation to leverage the digital data revolution to enable partner countries to drive their own development priorities; and helping the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services modernize their technology so that they can share data across the healthcare ecosystem to support data-driven decision-making and innovative research. Check out our recent list of PIF Fellows here.
Does this type of work sound like something you could passionately endorse? Do you love to inspire people to action? Are you amazing at telling a story that really pulls people in and truly engages them? You could be the right person to join the PIF program team and serve as our next Outreach and Marketing Lead.
This position requires a confident leader who is assertive and able to bring big ideas to the table. A creative, conceptual thinker with big, outside-of-the-box ideas who is also a tireless executor, able to roll up their sleeves and translate those big ideas into action and business results.
Objective #1: You will work directly with the PIF Executive Director and TTS Outreach Director to shape a singular and consistent PIF voice through strategy, branding, messaging and storytelling.
- Serve as a marketing lead to define and implement a marketing strategy for PIF aligning to the overall TTS strategy and brand.
- Help shape the PIF brand, identifying the representative tone and voice, creating appropriate documentation, and communicating brand principles to the team.
- Oversee PIF program social media/digital platforms to maintain a consistent brand.
- Define and analyze key metrics to report out on progress toward objectives and course correct when necessary.
- Stay current on trends and lead with innovation in order to recommend stories / pitches / events to the Executive Director.
Objective #2: You will consistently create and deliver high-quality, user-centered content with a unique ability to tell our story.
- Deliver top-quality content and strategy documents on deadline.
- Build assets that communicate the PIF story; Oversee the creation of content including internal style guides, playbooks, site copy, one sheets, and blog posts.
- Manage the wordsmith refresh of talking points, fact sheets, presentations, and other materials adapting written and verbal communication style to fit any situation or medium.
- Showcase impact of PIFs work through case studies, interviews and efficacy narratives.
- Write and publish conversational blog posts to raise awareness about the team’s work and promote the PIF brand.
- Determine and coordinate PIF content and messaging to be used at the TTS brand level.
- Design and help lead key program events, including weekly team meetings/workshops, PIF cohort on-boarding, annual retreat, panel/speaking submissions for key events, etc.
- Regularly attend industry, federal civic technology events, roundtables and panel discussions.
- Eye for design and passion for visual look/feel is key.
Objective #3: You will collaborate with stakeholders to raise awareness and highlight the impact of the PIF Program.
- Apply expertise in advising, influencing, and collaborating with business leaders on marketing and communications strategy and direction.
- Identify opportunities/secure key approvals for Fellows to speak on panels or attend key events to highlight their work.
- Serve as the liaison between the PIF brand and the larger TTS brand, aligning messaging with the TTS outreach strategy and highlighting the PIF program at the TTS level.
- Coordinate media efforts and speaking opportunities with TTS Outreach Director and GSA press team.
- Nominate Fellows and program leadership for key awards across government and externally.
- Ability to partner with users, peers and stakeholders at other agencies to align outreach strategy.
- Ability to interact with high-profile agency leaders, business leaders and top tier White House Officials.
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
The Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the Qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of subject matter experts against a scoring rubric created for this role. In order to properly be able to evaluate your previous experience, we recommend being as detailed as possible in your resume and following our general guidance on creating federal style resume.
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
- Experience crafting storytelling copy including online media, video and print materials used for the purpose of advertising or marketing.
- Provides advice and leadership in a variety of highly complex assignments, which include marketing, advertising, public relations, research, content development, planning and management of outreach activities.
- Develops and implements integrated content marketing plans based on best practices. Must possess experience mapping marketing to a tailored target audience, creating marketing plans, and building strategy, objectives and tactics to support such plans.
- Utilizes data analytics and applies data to evaluate the effectiveness of Outreach tactics in support of strategies and goals. Recommends actions to course correct deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Managing a variety of relationships, such as internal, stakeholders, clients, or users.
- Plans, organizes, and directs collaborative initiatives to develop, maintain, and foster one brand vision and a cohesive voice.
- Ensures marketing, branding, and outreach initiatives map back to the financial stability of a program.
- Exhibits program management skills; able to manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience navigating highly ambiguous or uncertain situations to deliver results.
For each job on your resume, provide:
the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”) number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.