Check out Join TTS Hiring Process to
learn more about the application process.
These opportunities are located in the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) Solutions Division’s Login.gov group. Our remote-first teams comprise experts across product development, software engineering, cybersecurity, and platform engineering.
Login.gov is a secure sign-in service created for the public to access participating government agency sites, products, and services. At its core, Login.gov is both an authentication and identity verification service available to all levels of government: federal, state, and local.
Login.gov has over 30 agency partners. Our product is integrated with over 300 live applications and services including 12 Cabinet-level agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. Over 40 million people have signed up to use Login.gov, across all applications.
There are three (3) Security Engineer Technical Expert roles available for consideration. The links below provide more information about each opportunity:
Once applications are reviewed, hiring teams will identify candidates that they are interested in interviewing. We will then follow up with candidates to discuss their interest in the role(s). Candidates may interview for roles with multiple teams.
Virtual (100% Remote)
The salary range for this position is: GS-15 Step 1 - $136,908 to GS-15 Step 10 $183,500
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection, dependent on your actual duty location.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a
salary calculator OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $183,500
Note: You may not be eligible for the maximum salary as it is locality dependent. Please refer to the maximum pay for your locality.
Who May Apply:
All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands)
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year
Public trust. Background investigation required.
Permanent hire. This is not a term limited opportunity. Applicants who are selected for this opportunity will have career conditional status in the federal government for their first three years of employment and transition to career after three years. This means you will be a permanent federal employee with no expiration date.
Learn more about the benefits we offer.
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so we can evaluate your previous experience. Follow our guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Qualification determinations can’t be made when resumes don’t include required information. Failure to provide such may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints;
To qualify, your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience at GS-14 level (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as:
- Participating in , contributing to or leading: data analytics activities for detecting, defending against, or responding to security incidents; or red team, blue team, or purple team engagements; or cybersecurity assessments.
- Automating data analytics or security processes; or researching emerging threats, building threat models or conducting threat hunts; or contributing to security activities such as incident response wargames, or static/dynamic code scans or analysis.
- Participating in, contributing to, or leading cybersecurity assessments; or conducting dynamic testing withBurpSuite, Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) or other vulnerability scanning tools; or supporting Software as a Service security controls such as continuous monitoring, logging, incident response, auditing, forensics or access management.
- Collaborating with development teams, engineers, cross-functional teams, or Security Operations Center (SOC) professionals to provide cybersecurity guidance.
- Experience applying industry practices such as Agile or iterative development methodologies, open source, object oriented programming or DevOps.