This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
18F - Recruiter
18F will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 18F - Recruiter.
The target date for when this position will be officially open for applying has not yet been determined. If you’d like to be notified when this position is open, sign up to our mailing list and select Operations.
Location: Boston, MA
Salary Range: GS-15 - $134,778 to $164,200
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
18F - Recruiter - GS-15
As a Talent Acquisition Lead for the Office of 18F, Recruitment as a Service, you’ll act as an ambassador for our agency partners, representing their work and job opportunities to a diverse set of highly skilled candidates. You will potentially be recruiting for a wide range of disciplines including: design, engineering, product managers, strategists and business operations. You’ll work closely with hiring managers to implement targeted attraction strategies, and you’ll also ensure that all of the candidates have a pleasant application experience.
You’ll attract highly qualified and engaged candidates to our agency partners and shepherd them through the federal application process.
- Increase awareness of and clarify GSA’s and TTS’ mission and service offerings
- Develop and nurture relationships with the technology contracting community
- Showcase impact of TTS’ work
- Move engagement stakeholders from awareness to action
- Build the TTS brand and support recruitment efforts
Key objective #2: You will develop and institutionalize a comprehensive and highly successful recruitment strategy for your discipline.
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of and curiosity about the technology space
- Identify gaps and issues with the hiring process by conducting user research; use concrete data (user analytics) to develop solutions
- Generate high-impact, tailored content for outreach materials, presentations, and communications; find ways to meaningfully connect with candidates
- Diligently maintain applicant data and find new ways to use that data to inform hiring strategies
Key objective #3: You will maintain strong relationships and advise our agency partners who need recruitment as a service.
- Navigate bureaucratic relationships and complex organizational structures to get buy-in from hiring managers around a talent acquisition strategy
- Spend time understanding our partners’ business in order to effectively build talent acquisition strategies for them
- Maintain relationships through responsive and proactive touchpoints
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
The Minimum Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
Experience developing and executing a talent acquisition program and managing hiring manager/client relationships. This experience must include ALL of the following:
- Leading stakeholders/clients through participation in the talent acquisition process
- Recruiting for open source technology positions that function in an agile and user centered design environment
- Recruiting for additional disciplines including: design (visual, UX, or content) or product managers
- Developing and implementing targeted recruitment attraction and acquisition strategies
- Conducting direct recruitment outreach via a variety of methods (e.g. networking, email, social media, events, job postings and cold calling)
- Sourcing candidates using Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Working with hiring teams to drive recruiting efforts, increase hiring efficacy, and improving process efficiency
- Working on cross functional teams using collaboration, open communication, or working across functional borders
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.