This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.
Centers of Excellence - Site Lead
Centers of Excellence (CoE) will soon be accepting applications for a GS-15 Centers of Excellence - Site Lead.
The target date for when this position will be officially open to application has not yet been determined. If you’d like to be notified when this position is open, sign up to our mailing list.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $134,789 to $164,200
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected. Total compensation may include locality pay based on the individual’s duty location. For more salary information including locality pay details, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands) and applicants must not be GSA employees or contractors
Centers of Excellence - Site Lead - GS 15
The Centers of Excellence (CoE) work directly with customer agencies to identify their needs, recommend a solution, and identify the best contract vehicle to procure, support, and oversee implementation of the solution. The CoEs are established to implement, enhance and expand public access to federal information services. Each CoE is staffed with experts who provide authoritative advice, expert guidance, and IT transformation services purposed to improve service design and customer interactions across major organizational and federal government lines. Each individual CoE has a different mission and objectives, but all are intended to manage centralized, function-specific talent, and to ensure effective support for solution implementation. These five Centers focus on cloud adoption, IT infrastructure optimization, customer experience, contact centers and data analytics.
As a Site Lead for the CoEs, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of other digital transformation specialists, with expertise in human centered design, data analytics, change management strategy, technical architecture, software engineering, and procurement. In addition, you will join the broader team of the Technology Transformation Service (TTS), which includes more than 300 people. If you believe the government can better serve the public through the user-centered design of digital services, we hope you’ll join us.
Key objective #1: You will provide strategic and operational leadership to optimize enterprise productivity and the delivery of high-impact work across the enterprise.
- Monitor productivity (revenue and non-revenue work) to ensure CoE teams are hitting their optimization and billing goals
- Assume responsibility for tracking all action items to completion, using existing tools and proposing the implementation of new processes when necessary
- Ensure continued technical and user centered design excellence in each CoE
- Collect feedback to discuss successes and challenges, and share patterns and key feedback with C-Suite executives as appropriate
- Facilitate and support the sharing of knowledge, tools, assets, and code across the CoE’s
- Act as a liaison between CoE teams and executive partner agency staff
- Document best practices and lessons learned
- Work with the talent team to develop recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies
- Collaborate with and serve as a strategic advisor to the CoE Director and CoE Front Office
Key objective #2: Practice an exceptional level of customer service with your agency partner, providing a unique, tailored experience and making sure that all expectations are met.
- Coordinate a strong overall enterprise transformation vision and develop an effective strategy for fulfilling that vision
- Use empathy and communication skills to quickly build trust with partners
- Explain the work to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge — always meet the client where they are
- Express empathy through the long compliance and security processes
- Serve as a liaison between the clients and the team when needed: Provide client feedback to the team, enabling the team to make necessary changes to project performance or presentation
- Help partners and their leadership understand the value of agile-based program, project, and product management, user-centered design, continuous integration, and working in the open
- Support, convince, and sometimes reassure, partners as they tackle challenges and adopt new practices
The information in this sections outlines the criteria that your application will be evaluated against to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position. There are two very important things to note about this step in the process:
- Only applications found “minimally qualified” are shared with the hiring manager and are the only candidates eligible to be interviewed
- The Minimum Qualification determination can only be made using the information that’s directly within your resume and directly associated your listed work experience.
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
- Links to portfolios or other external materials (Yes, the links themselves may be “directly” on the resume but the information is not).
- Information you include in cover letters, responses to questions, etc. as these are not directly associated with your work experience
- Lists of tools, technologies, programming languages, etc. that are listed separately from your work experience
- Examples of stuff that can’t be used:
The Minimum Qualification process is a bureaucratic requirement that we are stuck with. It’s best to think about it as the most intense and rigorous resume review you’ve ever heard of. To get through this process you need make sure your resume directly reflects the qualifications listed below. We also have more guidance on creating a federal style resume on Join TTS Hiring Process
To qualify for this role, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is:
- Experience leading enterprise transformation and modernization projects, including the research, design, development or delivery of digital products or services. This experience must include ALL of the following:
- Leading and implementing process improvements that result in efficiencies, cost savings, regulatory compliance or improved profitable service levels
- Creating and managing a program vision Applying multidisciplinary project management practices (e.g. PMI, SAFE, Agile, OCM, BPM)
- Leading teams through the adoption of new tools, technologies or methodologies
- Gaining consensus on program and project goals across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Leading enterprise wide projects or initiatives within large organizations (either public sector institutions, private corporations, or non-profits) or within highly regulated industries
- Experience leading business decisions throughout all levels of an organization within highly ambiguous or uncertain situations. This experience must include THREE of the following:
- Leading intrapreneurial efforts with measurable and demonstrated impactful results to the organization
- Managing program or project resources, budgets, and deliverables
- Coaching clients or stakeholders through the adoption of agile, lean or other iterative product development approaches (e.g. Kanban, SCRUM, Agile SAFE framework, Lean, Systems thinking)
- Coaching upper management, clients or stakeholders through change management related to business transformation
- Explaining products or services to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please sign up join our mailing list.