Technology Transformation Services Supervisor
This role is not yet open for application. If you would like to learn more or if you'd like to be notified when the application is open, please join our mailing list. We will be accepting applications through the Public Notice on USAJOBS.
TTS will soon be accepting applications for GS-15 Supervisor roles. The target date for when these positions will be officially open to application has not yet been determined. If you’d like to be notified when these positions are open, sign up to our mailing list.
These opportunities are located in the General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS). TTS applies modern methodologies and technologies to improve the lives of the public and public servants. We help agencies make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective with modern applications, platforms, processes, personnel, and software solutions.
- Support growth of their teams’ ability to deliver partner success
- Create and cultivate strong partnerships with government partners
- Own significant parts of the engagement or business development / sales cycle
- Oversee and advise on project delivery
TTS is looking for talented supervisors to help our programs deliver better digital services to the public. As a supervisor at TTS, you will set the vision for a team that delivers digital products, platforms, or services to agencies. You’ll support employee development, lead hiring, set a vision and goals, and represent your program to TTS leadership.
Key objective #1: Provide coaching, mentorship, and professional development opportunities; support employee wellbeing
- Ensure continued technical excellence in modern software development best practices and delivery within your program.
- Communicate regularly with your team, as a group and in 1:1s, to provide mentorship and guidance, and help remove obstacles to their success.
- Steward staff’s professional development by identifying appropriate training, developmental assignments, and/or details. Incorporate equity and inclusion into training, speaking events, and experiential learning opportunities. Tailor approaches to individuals’ needs.
- Work with individuals to identify and develop their strengths, helping team members pursue opportunities that enhance their talents.
- Constructively address situations, issues, and behaviors. Initiate difficult conversations and clearly communicate corrective actions.
- Ensure employees receive reasonable accommodations and that team events are accessible.
- Support the onboarding of new staff.
- Conduct and document employee performance plans, mid-year, and end-of-year performance evaluations.
Key objective #2: Provide technical leadership to project teams
- Manage and direct highly-complex and innovative IT projects related to the delivery of products, platforms, or services to agencies and the public.
- Finds entrepreneurial and creative solutions to organizational challenges.
- Help teams align on and adhere to shared processes, maintain high standards, and resolve conflicts. Connect teams to resources, amplify team successes, and help teams to pivot or adapt as needed.
- Identify risks to project delivery and seize opportunities.
- Help create enduring change at agencies and the adoption of innovative tools and techniques.
- Promote collective success; make time for collaborative decision-making in project work; acknowledge how others’ contributions led to achievements; and create shared ownership of success, risks, and accountability.
- Incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility practices into project work. Identify power dynamics within teams and with partners, and responds thoughtfully and open space equitably among team members.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships at various levels within an organization and champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Collaborate across organizations to build strategic relationships, achieve common goals, and to resolve sensitive issues.
Key objective #3: Provide strategic leadership
- Set the vision for your program, aligning with TTS vision, mission, and values.
- Coordinate with other members of the TTS leadership team to develop guidance and organizational communication.
- Collect feedback to discuss successes and challenges, and share patterns and key feedback with the rest of TTS leadership.
- Research, develop, and encourage technical delivery best practices and create space for experimentation and iteration.
- Craft strategic, data-driven hiring plans for the program that align with TTS’s hiring strategy and trends in partner needs. Include sourcing strategies and interview practices to ensure a diverse candidate pool and inclusive hiring process. Our goal is for our team to reflect the diversity of the American public.
- Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations are followed throughout recruitment, hiring, and selection processes.
- Set strategy for knowledge management such that key information is carried forward, to make the program resilient to turnover.
- Maintain a work environment of respect, diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, mutual support, flexibility, collaboration, continuous learning, and commitment to partner needs. Ensures all perspectives are valued and included. Uphold TTS values of inclusion, integrity, and impact.
- Promote transparency in how decisions are made. Regularly includes others in planning and decision-making.
- Participate in and lead partner-facing work and business development efforts.
- Represent TTS to external parties, such as speaking at conferences, writing blogs, or speaking to the press.
TTS teams hiring for this role
There are several TTS teams hiring for this role. Once applications are reviewed, hiring teams will identify candidates that they are interested in interviewing. We will then follow up with candidates to discuss their interest in the role(s). Candidates may interview for roles with multiple teams. Unfortunately, we are only able to reach out to those that are selected for an interview.
Teams hiring for supervisors:
- Centers of Excellence
- Presidential Innovation Fellows
- U.S. Digital Corps
- TTS Solutions Smarter IT portfolio to include MAX.gov, Search.gov and Code.gov
- TTS Tech Portfolio
- American Rescue Plan program management office
Location: Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Virtual (100% Remote)
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is GS-15, Step 1 - $128,078 to GS-15, Step 10 - $172,500.
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection, dependent on your actual duty location.
You can find more information about this in the compensation and benefits section on our site.
For specific details on locality pay, please visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page or for a salary calculator OPM’s 2021 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator.
Please note the maximum salary available for the GS pay system is $172,500
Note: You may not be eligible for the maximum salary as it is locality dependent. Please refer to the maximum pay for your locality.
Who May Apply: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Islands)
Travel requirement: Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year
Security clearance: Public trust. Background investigation required.
Work schedule: Full time.
Appointment type: Permanent hire. This is not a term limited opportunity. Applicants who are selected for this opportunity will have career conditional status in the federal government for their first three years of employment and transition to career after three years. This means you will be a permanent federal employee with no expiration date.
Employee benefits: Learn more about the benefits we offer.
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
We will update the qualifications required for this position soon. To qualify for this role, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade (or equivalent).
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your previous experience. Follow our guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Qualification determinations can’t be made when resumes don’t include the required information. Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
How To Apply
If you would like to learn more or if you’d like to be notified when the application is open, please join our mailing list.
We will be accepting applications through the Public Notice on USAJOBS.