Open to U.S. citizens or nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains
Island). Subject to background check. Full information
Supervisory status: Non-Supervisory
Job title: Centers of Excellence: Contact Center Modernization Specialist
Official title in USAJOBS: IT Project Manager (SYSANALYSIS)
Number of vacancies: 3
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (remote)
Salary range: GS-15 ($136,908 to $183,500)
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection,
dependent on your actual duty location. Please note the maximum salary available
for the GS pay system is $183,500. For specific details on locality pay, please
visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page
or for a salary calculator
OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator. You can find more
information in our
compensation and benefits section.
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year.
This is a permanent position.
Learn more about the benefits of working at
We are looking for a Contact Center Modernization Specialist to join the Technology Transformation Service (TTS) as part of the IT Modernization Centers of Excellence (COE) to help develop and improve the capabilities and services of our partner agencies.
As an expert contact center modernization consultant, you are well versed in contact center multi-channel and/or omnichannel technologies, platforms and operations. You will collaborate with agency partners to design, plan, and deliver on key contact center and customer experience modernization strategies that will drive optimizations and improvements in the security, agility, responsiveness, and efficiency of the agency’s public facing infrastructure and processes.
Design enterprise-level contact center solutions using user story definition, and holistic journey mapping while also incorporating standard operating procedures and best-practice methodologies.
Ability to collect and analyze current contact center operations, data and reports to develop future-state recommendations for optimization and transformation.
Lead the development and maintenance of strategic application technology portfolios, and roadmaps, to support or drive solution development or product selection.
Ability to incorporate standard operating procedures, training, QA programs and best practice methodologies into contact center operations.
Partner with agency program leads to drive alignment and integration of new contact center technology and integration with other third-party or internal applications.
Incorporate knowledge management and customer relationship management systems best practices to improve the agent experience and the agency’s overall customer experience.
Support the implementation of intelligent system solutions to leverage robotic process automation (RPA) & artificial intelligence (AI) to help anticipate user needs, augment conversations and automate routine tasks.
Interface with agency data and security teams to address gaps and risks and assist in the overall design and build of security features.
Develop and track performance metrics, customer feedback, quality assurance and other KPI’s
Practice and enthusiastically share project management and agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
Inspire honesty and integrity through open communication and liberal knowledge sharing across multi-disciplinary teams.
Create compelling case studies on how users are benefiting from the program, providing a special focus on lessons learned.
Capture specific capabilities (e.g. strategies, roadmaps, playbooks) to document good practices across government.
3. Practice an exceptional level of customer service with all partners, providing a unique, tailored experience.
Ability to explain product or services (contact center) to people who have varying levels of technical knowledge — always meet the agency partner where they’re at.
Ability to empathetically guide our agency partners through the bureaucracy of the sometimes long and arduous compliance and security processes.
Skillfully map specific inquiries to product capabilities, identifying the product that best meets the agency partner’s needs.
Serve as a liaison between the stakeholders and the project teams, delivering feedback to the team, enabling them to make necessary changes to product performance or presentation.
Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your
previous experience. Follow our
guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next
lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as follows:
- Experience in relationship management, and serving as a trusted advisor and expert influencer, helping programs and their leadership achieve their missions.
- Experience leading contact center and customer experience strategies for a government agency or private sector enterprise. This experience must include THREE of the following:
- Developing and executing contact center operations or strategies
- Developing and executing customer service modernization operations or strategies
- Leading contact center technology implementation or deployment within internal applications or systems
- Developing and executing on key performance metrics
- Experience navigating highly ambiguous or uncertain situations to deliver results for clients. This experience must include ALL of the following:
- Leading client-facing consulting projects or initiatives
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve organizational or project objectives and deliverables
- Monitoring and providing mentorship, corrections, and feedback to team members
- Experience overseeing Contact Center Modernization projects at at least TWO federal agencies or private enterprises.
- Experience in strategizing with senior leaders to identify clear key priorities and opportunities to modernize IT, create operational efficiency, improve customer experience, and communicate complex recommendations.
- Experience developing and maintaining strategic application technology portfolios, and roadmaps, conducting interviews and collaborative work sessions with stakeholders, staff, and customers.
How to Apply
Get notified when this position is
open for applications.