Working at TTS
TTS Mission and Values
TTS’s mission is to design and deliver a digital government with and for the American public. The organization’s values are:
- Inclusion: We put people first and celebrate what brings us together and makes each of us unique to meet the public’s needs.
- Integrity: We are present, transparent, and honest to enable accessible and trustworthy innovation.
- Impact: We grow together and create lasting change for the good of the public and public servants. TTS’s values and code of conduct were created by employees from across the organization. TTS is a remote-first organization, and we have employees distributed throughout the country. Want to learn more about what inspired our employees to join? You can read more on our 18F blog here.
Employee Resource Groups and Guilds
At TTS, affinity groups are voluntary, employee-driven groups that are organized around shared interests, identities, experiences, or dimensions. They offer forums for employees to gather socially and share ideas outside of their particular business units. It’s a space for community and support, especially in situations in which aspects of one’s identity are in the minority or are marginalized. This includes affinity groups for and by:
- African American and Black employees
- Latinx employees (a space for people who identify as Latinx, Hispanic, Chicanx, Boricua, Cubano, etc.)
- Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native Hawaiian employees
- LGBTQQIAAP employees (anyone who identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, or pansexual)
- ewish employees
- People with disabilities