This role is open for applications until Friday, October 6th, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET.
Open to U.S. citizens or nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains
Island). Subject to background check. Full information
Supervisory status: Non-Supervisory
Job title: Data & Analytics Portfolio: Product Manager GS15
Official title in USAJOBS: IT Specialist - DATAMGT-INET
Number of vacancies: 2
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (remote)
Salary range: GS-15 ($136,908 to $183,500)
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection,
dependent on your actual duty location. Please note the maximum salary available
for the GS pay system is $183,500. For specific details on locality pay, please
visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page
or for a salary calculator
OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator. You can find more
information in our
compensation and benefits section.
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year.
This is a term appointment. Initial appointments are made lasting longer than
1 year, but not to exceed 4 years. GSA, may extend an appointment up to 4
additional years. No individual hired under this DHA can serve in excess of 8
years with GSA, and cannot be transferred to positions that are not IT
Learn more about the benefits of working at
TTS is hiring for the role of GS-15 Product Managers to support our Data & Analytics Portfolio. Several business units within TTS are hiring for this role. Product Managers are crucial to TTS significantly improving our products, platforms, and services. This is an opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of the public and other federal agencies. This page contains a high-level summary of the roles we are trying to fill.
These opportunities are located in the General Services Administration (GSA), Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Technology Transformation Services (TTS). TTS applies modern methodologies and technologies to improve the lives of the public and public servants. We help agencies make their services more accessible, efficient, and effective with modern applications, platforms, processes, personnel, and software solutions.
TTS is looking for talented product managers who will help our partner agencies deliver better digital services to the public. You’ll lead cross-functional teams to solve large, complex problems and deliver user-centered products using agile methodologies and modern software development practices.
TTS is looking for product managers in both client services and product development roles, including:
- Leading cross-functional development teams to own and grow existing, in-market products
- Joining cross-functional teams to partner with other government agencies and help them deliver mission-critical software
- Partnering with government agencies evolve their culture and establish sustainable best practices for product development
These roles will be a great fit for you if you are a:
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable defining a compelling vision and designing a measurable strategy to achieve that vision
- Decisive leader who knows how to motivate cross-functional teams to build the right thing
- Strong executor that is able to deliver results to agencies and the public
Our ideal candidates will be equally excited about sticky technical issues and intricate human ones. The strongest candidates will have a background working on cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams that deliver digital products and services in an incremental, user-focused environment.
If you are interested in any or all of these roles, you should apply. You may be matched with multiple teams across TTS during the interview process based on your skills, experience, and interests.
1. Build or steward the product vision and lead end-to-end product development.
You are an experienced product manager who can unite vision and execution to lead an interdisciplinary team in delivering the right value to the right people. You’re skilled at defining a meaningful end goal to galvanize your team, whether that means generating a product vision and strategy with your team or helping agency partners articulate and focus their vision and strategy.
- Establish a vision and ensure all team members and stakeholders have a shared understanding of product objectives, goals, and metrics
- Analyze market demand and market fit, do competitive analysis, and guide build vs. buy or reuse approaches
- Create a product strategy and roadmap and develop a communications strategy supporting product goals
- Identify and proactively monitor and address product risks
- Lead or facilitate a cross-functional team of researchers, designers, and engineers to ensure the right product is delivered to the right audience
- Work with the team to set and meet quality standards for any product you build
- Use evidence (user research, analytics, and other metrics) to make product decisions, ask “why” a lot, and recognize the difference between “we can’t do that because of bureaucracy” and “we can’t do that because of the law”
- Energize and motivate the team by recognizing successes and learning from failures
- Ensure that products comply with federal regulations such as the 21st Century IDEA Act, the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
2. Support agency partners in delivering results to the public.
As a product manager at TTS, you’ll uphold a modern product development mindset and make sure every project you touch is set up for sustained long-term success. As part of that, you’ll share your expertise and experience with your teammates and stakeholders in order to ensure that you are not a single point of success.
- Help partners understand how to deliver value, rather than features, to their users
- Help teammates and stakeholders navigate complex bureaucratic relationships to bring stakeholders together around a common product vision and strategy
- Advocate for and explain agile, open source, and user-centered principles so that teammates, stakeholders, and government partners understand the value these practices bring
- Improve the government’s product management capacity by coaching and mentoring more junior product managers
- Work with partners to establish relationships with their security, operations, and IT teams that will help sustain the product in the long term
- Work with teammates and stakeholders to develop communications strategies to sustain the product in the short and long term
3. Achieve excellence in customer-centric technical leadership.
You’ll meet customer expectations, along with personal and organizational goals. You’ll produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risk.
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results
- Demonstrate your credibility in your area of expertise, deliver high-quality work, and accept responsibility for mistakes
- Meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions
- Identify and analyze problems in a constructive manner
- Explain technical issues and concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
4. Lead in your program area(s).
While the entire team will have and continually enhance core expertise in technology and organizational modernization, each team member will also further hone one or more Focus Areas that contribute to the collective, cross-functional capabilities within TTS’s Data & Analytics Portfolio.
- Data.gov is the United States government’s open data website. It provides access to datasets published by agencies across the federal government. Data.gov is intended to provide access to government open data to the public, achieve agency missions, drive innovation, fuel economic activity, and uphold the ideals of an open and transparent government. As an Open Data Product Manager for Data.gov, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a product strategy for Data.gov; ensuring alignment with broader federal open data efforts, the OPEN Government Data Act, and agency objectives and priorities.
- Overseeing the product design process, working closely with UX/UI Designers to create intuitive and user-friendly features for Data.gov, and managing the design and delivery of features such as data visualization tools, dashboards, and reporting systems.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; ensuring effective communication of product updates, progress, and performance. Represent Data.gov in interagency efforts addressing issues such as metadata schemas applicable to federal data.
- Feedback Analytics Program develops and manages government-wide services that collect and report quantitative and qualitative customer feedback to aid service improvement and decision-making. This includes methods to evaluate progress toward achieving customer experience goals and inform continual improvements to service design and delivery. As a Product Manager for Feedback Analytics, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a product strategy for Feedback Analytics products including the use cases served by Touchpoints, ensuring alignment with broader federal feedback and public experience initiatives, the 21st Century Digital Experience Act, and agency objectives and priorities.
- Overseeing the product design process, working closely with UX/UI Designers to create intuitive and user-friendly features for Feedback Analytics, and managing the design and delivery of features such as data visualization tools, dashboards, and reporting systems.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; ensuring effective communication of product updates, progress, and performance. Represent Feedback Analytics in interagency efforts addressing issues such as metadata schemas applicable to federal data.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your
previous experience. Follow our
guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next
lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience for this role is defined as:
- Experience developing and implementing a product strategy that aligns with strategic objectives and user needs
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of software engineers, data analysts, user experience/user interface designers to develop and deliver features
- Experience overseeing product design and working with designers to create user-friendly tools, dashboards and reporting systems
- Experience utilizing web and data analytics and data management tools to inform product strategy and monitor performance
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to represent and advance program interests
How to Apply
Submit a complete online application prior to Friday, October 6th, 2023, at 11:59 pm ET.
Please fill out all applicable fields.
Click here to apply
Need Assistance in applying or have questions regarding this job opportunity,
please email the TTS Talent Team at email@example.com.