Open to U.S. citizens or nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains
Island). Subject to background check. Full information
Supervisory status: Supervisory
Job title: Presidential Innovation Fellows Supervisor
Official title in USAJOBS: Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)
Number of vacancies: 1
Location: Anywhere in the U.S. (remote)
Salary range: GS-15 ($136,908 to $183,500)
Your salary, including base and locality, will be determined upon selection,
dependent on your actual duty location. Please note the maximum salary available
for the GS pay system is $183,500. For specific details on locality pay, please
visit OPM’s Salaries & Wages page
or for a salary calculator
OPM’s 2023 General Schedule (GS) Salary Calculator. You can find more
information in our
compensation and benefits section.
Occasional travel may be required up to 10%-20% per year.
This is a permanent position.
Learn more about the benefits of working at
Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) is a renowned fellowship program that pairs mid-to-senior-level entrepreneurs, executives, and technologists with top civil servants and change-makers in the federal government to tackle some of our nation’s biggest challenges. Fellows have a homebase in GSA and are embedded within federal agencies as senior advisors for 12-24 month engagements working on mission-critical problems, shaping smarter policy, and/or advancing equitable technology for public good.
Since the program was launched in 2012 by former U.S. CTO Todd Park, 230+ Presidential Innovation Fellows have worked with 50 federal agencies. Our Fellows join us from big tech, startups, non-profits, academia, and more. Fellows come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of skills, but share common values of compassion, equity, excellence, and dedication.
The PIF program is hiring for a Fellow Supervisor role to serve as part of a talented Leadership Team. Not only will this role support top technology talent, but they’ll bring a product, design, systems-thinking, and data mindset to better understand, explore, and increase the impact of the PIF program as it strives to build a better government for all..
In addition to the knowledge, skills, and abilities named below, candidates must demonstrate familiarity in:
- Digital transformation processes and/or digital product development processes
- Designing products and services around customers and/or users
- Civic or public interest tech ecosystem, technology in a large bureaucracy and/or federal government
We’re looking for proven leaders with strong written and oral communication skills who can meet our fellows’ passion for the work. You must exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, and practice attention to detail and respectful relationship management.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- High degree of emotional intelligence. A quick study, who intuitively knows what needs to get done to deliver with integrity.
- Experience as a people manager, particularly in the technology industry.
- Comfort in ambiguity. Able to build relationships, continually define and scope opportunities independently, and maintain focus and momentum as priorities shift.
- Ability to coach others on enabling modern software development approaches and methodologies such as lean start-up, agile, and user-centered design.
- Ability to break down business problems, understand and design effective solutions and strategies that draw on current and emergent tools, technologies, initiatives and other resources.
- Solution-oriented, with the ability to translate information into operational success.
1. Fellow support in the interest of driving value, delivering high impact work, and building a PIF knowledge base.
The Fellow Supervisor is responsible for the execution and oversight of systems that supports fellows driving value at their agency and delivering impact for the public and/or agency partner. Supervisors engage regularly with Fellows, as a Cohort group and in 1:1s, to provide mentorship and guidance, support, and help remove obstacles to their success.
Collaborate in the development of end to end Fellow experience lifecycle from onboarding, to engagement/in-program support, to offboarding to alumni
Manage HR processes, onboarding and offboarding, conduct employee performance planning as well as, mid-year, and end-of-year performance evaluations.
Manage program expectations and address agency matters with sound judgment. Constructively address situations, issues, and behaviors during the fellowship experience and partner with the agency sponsor and Director of Agency Success
Connect Fellows to key stakeholders, partners and other Fellows to build a culture of cross-agency support and innovation
Play a key role in the development of Fellow artifacts and impact reports, as well as expanding the program’s knowledge and resource base
2. Participate in the ongoing improvement of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program
Use effective research design methods to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative feedback from customers & stakeholders to evaluate program and Fellow success
Create, recommend, and update program policies and procedures based on evidence & learnings
Evaluate and share program impact in clear and compelling ways (written, verbal, coaching Fellows on presentations).
Stay up to date with government priorities & initiatives
Facilitate and contribute to strategic team planning
Collaborate across roles and organizations to build strategic relationships, achieve common goals, and to resolve sensitive issues.
Promote collective success; make time for collaborative decision-making in project work; acknowledge how others’ contributions led to achievements; and create shared ownership of success, risks, and accountability.
Uphold PIF & TTS values of inclusion, integrity, and impact. Champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
Provide as much detail as possible on your resume so that we can evaluate your
previous experience. Follow our
guidance on creating a federal style resume.
Failure to provide required information may result in disqualification.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- The exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year or “present”)
- Number of hours per week you worked (if part time)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next
lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is defined as follows:
- Supervising the work of an organization through efforts involving identifying, developing, delivering, and/or supporting introduction of new technologies to rework IT business practices and delivery.
- Performing system analyses, application of process reengineering concepts, and new information technology sufficient to define opportunities for new, improved, or enhanced business process IT systems solutions.
- Developing and interpreting guidelines, procedures, and strategies governing planning and delivery of IT systems solutions.
- Applying interrelationships of multiple IT specialties.
How to Apply